Wednesday, January 5, 2011

CBR III Review #4: Pressure by Jeff Strand

CBR III Review #4:  Pressure by Jeff Strand

Pressure by Jeff Strand may have been the best $2.39 I had ever spent.  I actually felt like I owed the author money. You can purchase the novel herePressure has a simple enough premise - what is a psychopath like when he is younger and what happens to him as he grows up, and how would someone handle being friends with him?  Alex Fletcher is shipped off to Branford Academy, a boarding school for kids who need a bit more discipline.  One of Alex's new roommates is a bit off but as the book progresses you realize just how "off" he is.

The first chapter had me hooked and I immediately purchased from Amazon to continue.  The first part of the book slows down a bit as it establishes the characters but by the time Alex goes off to college I was unable to put the book down.  I highly respect an author that can keep me guessing and I honestly had no idea what was going to happen next as I read on. The book is more than depressing at times, but I enjoy a novel that embraces the darkness of the horror novel instead of trying to wrap everything up perfectly.

Honestly this is not an easy book to review because everything after the few chapters could be considered a major spoiler - so this one you will have to read for yourself and decide.

  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 381 KB
  • Print Length: 323 pages
  • Publisher: Leisure; Original edition (May 5, 2009)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B003LN2A3S
  • Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars  See all reviews
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© On the Brink of Insanity All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates