Tuesday, January 25, 2011

CBR III Review #27: In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks: . . . And Other Complaints from an Angry Middle-Aged White Guy by Adam Carolla

CBR III Review #27: In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks: . . . And Other Complaints from an Angry Middle-Aged White Guy by Adam Carolla

My fiance loves Adam Carolla to the point that I was a little worried he may never propose because he was going to hold out for Adam Carolla..  He listens to his podcast daily and agrees with most everything he has to say.  I personally never listened that much to Carolla but the few podcost I did listen to were always fairly funny. My fiance bought his book and while he was reading it he was ALWAYS laughing out loud, which is kinda annoying at midnight and you are trying to sleep. He was laughing out loud so much I decided to read the damn thing for myself, and I'm actually really glad I did.

Adam Carolla is a first class complainer, he should be given a gold medal in complaining, and just a heads up he manages to offend every group of people under the sun.  It's not the type of book you want to read if get easily offended.  Carolla's more socially liberal and fiscally conservative and that comes out in the novel in a few places. In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks: . . . And Other Complaints from an Angry Middle-Aged White Guy is essentially a 250-page standup rant.  If you like Carolla's podcast you'll love the book.  If you think he is an unfunny whiny man then you'll hate it.

Here is one of my favorite parts of the book: " If you can’t afford a TV or you pawned your TV because of a gambling debt, you get a pass. But this is the guy who doesn’t own a TV for the sole purpose of announcing he doesn’t own a TV. This is his way of declaring he’s better than you. He acts like everyone who has a TV just sits around staring at Night Court reruns and Ashton Kutcher commercials. He would never admit there’s provocative, informative, entertaining programming such as my favorite new reality show I’m a Pretentious A--hole Who Tells Everyone I Don’t Own a TV."

Product Details

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© On the Brink of Insanity All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates