Wednesday, August 17, 2011

CBR III Review #94: Heartsick by Chelsea Cain

CBR III Review #94: Heartsick by Chelsea Cain

I read this book a few months back and I completely forgot to add it to my reviews.  Archie Sheridan is the only surviving victim of Gretchen Lowell.  Gretchen, a complete a utter psychopath killed over 200 people and she only let Sheridan live so she continue to torture him from prison.  Archie, before he was kidnapped and tortured by Gretchen, was the detective that was trying to bring the prolific serial killer to justice.  Two years have past and Archie is addicted to pain pills, he is separated from his wife, and he is no longer working on the force.  He does, however, leave his house one a week to visit Gretchen.

Now a serial killer is kidnapping and murdering teenage girls and the department has asked Archie if he can come back and help.  Hoping the case will snap him out of his despair he agrees but is it too soon for him to face another killer?

I think there may be something wrong with me because I LOVED Gretchen Lowell, she was mean and heartless and the female version of Hannibal Lector. Archie Sherdian on the other hand drove me a bit nuts, but I can't image what my personality would have been after a week of physical and psychological torture.

The novel is a speedy read, but I enjoyed the parts of the novel that flashed back to two years prior more than the current mystery.  I will probably pick up the others in the series at some point.


Product Details


Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© On the Brink of Insanity All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates