Wednesday, August 31, 2011

CBR III Review #97: Falling by Christoper Pike

 CBR III Review #97: Falling by Christoper Pike

Christopher Pike was one of my favorite authors when I was growing up.  His young adult novels were well written and truly horrific.  More then one of his novels gave me nightmares. Pike has also written a few adult novels in his life and I've read them all...devoured them may be the more correct terminology.  So chances are this review is biased because Pike is one of my favorite authors and he puts out new stuff very seldom.

Falling follows Kelly Feinman, an academic consultant turned FBI agent.  Kelly has been asked to consult on the "Acid Killer" case.  A man who murders unfaithful women with acid.  Unfortunately, Kelly decides she can try and capture the killer herself and put herself in a dangerous situation.

Matt Conner, a man with a broken heart, is dead set on revenge.  He concocts a ridiculously complicated revenge scenario, all to hurt the woman who devastated him.  People who are fans of Pike's earlier novels may find his revenge scenario similar to Pike's Fall Into Darkness and Gimme a Kiss.  Pike's revenge scenarios are always insanely complicated, dangerous, and outlandish...but so delightful to read.  If I needed to destroy someone I would consults Pike's previous novels for a blueprint.

I enjoyed Falling but once again I'm a biased reviewer.  If you are a fan of Pike's work then I would suggest picking up his latest adult novel (even if it has been out for a few years).

Product Details

  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 571 KB
  • Print Length: 416 pages
  • Publisher: Forge Books; 1 edition (February 5, 2008)
  • Sold by: Macmillan
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B004TNH7D2
  • Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars 
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© On the Brink of Insanity All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates