Monday, September 5, 2011

CBR III Review #101: Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens

CBR III Review #101: Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens

I first read Chevy Stevens' debut novel Still Missing last year and loved it.  It was dark and twisted and heartfelt all at the same time.  She has returned with her second novel Never Knowing.  

Never Knowing opens with Sara Gallagher trying to trace down her birth parents.  Sara is happy in life.  She has a young daughter and she is in love with her fiancee, but she always felt there was something missing.  So she decides to track down her birth mother.  What she discovers is a nightmare and Sara finds herself in the middle of a series of unsolved murders.  Murders that go back 30 plus years.

I really enjoyed the novel but I will warn readers I loved Still Missing just a little bit more.  More times than one Sara's character grated on my nerves, but I was still enthralled by the story and was curious about how it was all going to end.  I think the novel would help if was trimmed down some and a few of the repetitive scenes were removed, but I wouldn't discourage people from picking it up especially if they enjoyed Steven's debt novel.

Product Details

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© On the Brink of Insanity All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates