Wednesday, September 7, 2011

CBR III Review #103: Fallen: A Novel by Karin Slaughter

CBR III Review #103: Fallen: A Novel by Karin Slaughter

Fallen by Karin Slaughter, is her latest novel in her series that joins Grant Counties Dr. Sara Linton and GBI Investigator, Will Trent. The two characters had separate series before Slaughter brought them together after the murder of Sara's husband (an ending to a series that still makes me tear up if I think about it).

I'll be honest I've always enjoyed the Grant County series much more than the Will Trent series and I'm only continuing to read the Will Trent series because Sara has long been one of my favorite characters in a novel.

Fallen starts off with GBI Investigator, Faith Mitchell, arriving at her mother's house to pick up her infant daughter.  When she arrives her mother appears to be missing and several gang members are in the middle of a shooting war.  Faith quickly jumps into action but after everything settles down her mother is still missing and her mother's blood is found in the house.  What follows is Will's investigation into the kidnapping, Faith's investigation into the kidnapping, and Sara's investigation into the kidnapping.  The novel gets progressively most complicated as several gangs and gang members are introduced as well as corrupt cops.  It's no secret I tend to plow through novels at a fast pace but until the last chapter I never had a solid feel for what was going on in Fallen.

I'll admit I mostly kept reading because I wanted to know if Trent and Lipton were finally going to do it...I'm still a teenager at heart and I wanted some quality sexy time for the two characters I have gotten to know so well throughout several novels. If you aren't that interested in Trent's and Lipton's  relationship then I would tell you to skip this installment. And if you hadn't picked up one of Slaughters novel's before then I would suggest picking up one in her Grant County series to start with.

Product Details

  • Hardcover: 400 pages
  • Publisher: Delacorte Press; First Printing edition (June 21, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0345528204
  • ISBN-13: 978-0345528209
  • Product Dimensions: 9.4 x 6.3 x 1.4 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
  • Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars 
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© On the Brink of Insanity All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates