Thursday, November 17, 2011

CBR III Review #111: Z: Zombie Stories by Catherynne M. Valente

CBR III Review #111: Z: Zombie Stories by Catherynne M. Valente

- Family Business by Jonathan Mayberry
- The Wrong Grave by Kelly Link
- The Days of Flaming Motorcycles by Catherynne M. Valente
- The Barrow Maid by Christine Morgan
- You'll Never Walk Alone by Scott Nicholson
- The Dead Kid by Darrell Schweitzer
- Seven Brains, Ten Minutes by Marie Atkins
- The Third Dead Body by Nina Kiriki Hoffman
- The Skull Faced Boy by Daivd Barr Kirtley
- The Human Race by Scott Edelman
- Deep Water Miracle by Thomas S. Roche



I bolded the ones I highly suggest reading.  I skipped a few myself but I have this problem with every short story anthology I ever pick up.  I really enjoyed the ones I suggested, but a really great zombie novel is one about the fall of society or a society trying to rebuild itself and a short story really can not encompass all the things I really enjoy about the genre.

Product Details

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© On the Brink of Insanity All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates