Friday, December 2, 2011

CBR III Review #126: Torment by Lauren Kate

CBR III Review #126: Torment by Lauren Kate

I have the kind of personality that if I begin something I like to finish it.  This applies to trilogies for some reason.  The upside to the second novel in the Fallen series is the cover art gets even more ridiculous.  The girl on the cover still looks nothing like how the main character is described.  Are those tattoos on her back?


In the second novel Torment not much happens.  Luce goes to a new school that is especially for Angels.  Apparently all the angel juju will hide her while the demon people try and track her down. You don't learn anything new about their story. The only part I really enjoyed about the novel was when Luce would get super pissed at Daniel.  Luce didn't just accept the fact just because she has always loved him meant she still has too. With Cam mostly gone we are treated to a new love interest in Miles, but everyone knows she isn't going to choose the fun loving angel dork not when there is a tormented dark brooding handsome angel to choose from instead.  I mean seriously did anyone think Bella was going to pick Jacob even though he seemed a lot more fun to hang around?  There is only so much brooding a reader can take and I reached my threshold.  I picked up the third novel but I can't get past the first few pages because I keep remembering how boring the second novel was.

Update:  I just realized there was a fourth book in the series that comes out soon.  I don't know if I can keep on going.

Product Details

  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 526 KB
  • Print Length: 465 pages
  • Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0385739141
  • Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers (September 28, 2010)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B003F3FJQE
  • Average Customer Review: 3.8 out of 5 stars  
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© On the Brink of Insanity All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates