Emerson "Em" Cole has been seeing ghosts every since her parents died in a horrible accident a few years back. To make matters worse she can't always tell if a person is really there or simply a ghost that no one else can see. When she glimpses an entire jazz trio complete with piano she knows it's time to accept help. Of course the person sent to help her is entirely hunky and mysterious.
The novel started out with lots of promise. The cover art I think if wonderfully done. The the story took a turn and ended up feeling more like a bad X-Men comic. I wish the novel had been more about Emerson learning about why she could see "ghosts" and how she should interact them. I was expecting a 6th Sense type plot where she is trying to help those who are deceased and can no long help themselves. It wasn't like that at all. It wasn't a bad novel just not what I was anticipating so I was ultimately disappointed.
- Reading level: Ages 12 and up
- Hardcover: 400 pages
- Publisher: EgmontUSA (June 14, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1606841440
- ISBN-13: 978-1606841440
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.9 x 1.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (147 customer reviews)