Sunday, December 11, 2011

CBR III Review #136: Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

CBR III Review #136: Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Clara Gardner is part angel.  As an angel she has a purpose.  She starts to figure out what her purpose is when she starts to dream of a fire in a forest and stranger who appears to be trapped.   With a little investigation her and her mom figure out what town the stranger lives in and moves the family there so Clara can complete her purpose.  Clara meets the stranger, Christian, and immediately falls for him.  The only problem is he has a bratty girlfriend and there is another person that peaks her interest.

I'm really hoping this series ends up being the series I was hoping Fallen was going to be. With only one book out it makes it hard to grade, but so far it's a fairly fun series to read.  My favorite part of the novel is there is a legitimate love triangle set in motion and I have no idea which one Clara will end up with.  The book takes a few chapters to get going but once it does the rest of the chapters start to fly by.  I'll be honest I was a bit more in love with all the teenage drama then the actual Angel/Supernatural part, but the ending looks like it was leading to a fun sequel.  Every once in awhile I get embarrassed with some of my reading choices and I know this looks like a novel directed at 13 year girls, but heck I've read a lot more embarrassing this year.


Product Details

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© On the Brink of Insanity All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates