Friday, December 16, 2011

CBR III Review #141: Forgotten by Cat Patrick

CBR III Review #141: Forgotten by Cat Patrick

London Lane's memory resets itself every morning at 4:33 am while she sleeps.  She manages to get through high school with diaries, lists, and calendar reminders.  There is a another strange problem with her disorder, while she sleeps she dreams of the future.  London starts to wonder if she can change the future especially while her present life is so complicated.

I picked up Forgotten because I thought it would be a lot like Before I go to Sleep but other than the memory loss they don't have much in common.  For one the author uses the fact that London can see the future as a way for her to recognize people and piece together some information.  I would have preferred this novel just being a simple book about London's disorder and how she copes growing up and falling in love for the first time if she can never remember what happened to her the day before.  The supernatural aspect of the novel turned me off to it.  This book had a lot of potential but it just didn't work for me.  Sometimes I wish authors would realize that less is sometimes more.

Product Details

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© On the Brink of Insanity All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates