I think that Dark Parties is a little bit more ambitious then most dystopian fiction because I feel like it was trying to make a point. If the USA keeps trying to protect ourselves from people that come from outside the US we will ultimately be doing ourselves a disservice, but maybe I read more into then the author intended.
The series has a lot of potential I just didn't enjoy the entire novel as much as I had anticipated. For being such a short novel I think the novel would have benefited from a bit more detail on how the Proteosphere came into place and bit more on all the evils the government participated in. The love triangle I think hurt the novel in the long run. If had skipped that part I think I would have enjoyed the novel a bit more, but I have no patience for female characters that go after their best friend's boyfriend because they couldn't help themselves.
- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers; 1 edition (August 3, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0316085944
- ISBN-13: 978-0316085946
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.2 x 8.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.5 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (42 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #103,781 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)